This accessibility statement applies to the Horncastle Medical Group website
This website is run Horncastle Medical Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms may be difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille you can contact us by:
- Ringing on practice on 01507 522477 and speaking to reception.
- Emailing us on email@example.com
- Coming into the practice to speak to our reception team at Horncastle, The Old Vicarage, Spilsby, Road, Horncastle, LN9 6AL.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days email:
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please by:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
How to contact us:
Horncastle Medical Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
This statement was prepared on 5 May 2023
This website was last tested on 2 May 2023 by Frank Designs Ltd.
Further testing will be undertaken by the Horncastle Medical Group team, as new content is continuously being developed.